Monday, July 16, 2012

Insanity Round 2

Day 1
Fit Test
28 minutes, 280 calories burned

Since this is Round 2 for me, my Fit Test was pretty much the same as my 5th test from my first time through Insanity.  So, I'll post my first ever fit test figures from April, as well as my starting numbers for this time.  I'm not sure how much they'll improve over the course of the next 60 days, but hoping they'll go up by a few reps each time.

First Fit Test, April 25, 2012
Switch Kicks - 100
Power Jacks - 30
Power Knees - 82
Power Jumps - 11
Globe Jumps - 7
Suicide Jumps - 11
Push-up Jacks - 7
Low Plank Oblique - 27

Fit Test 1, Round 2, July 16, 2012
Switch Kicks - 149
Power Jacks - 52
Power Knees - 98
Power Jumps - 42
Globe Jumps -11
Suicide Jumps - 20
Push-up Jacks - 26
Low Plank Oblique -74 (actually down from my 4th fit test of 90)

I was definitely feeling the fact that I had taken a week "off".  In retrospect, I probably should have been doing something last week, but I was on vacation and kind of enjoying the break.  But this week I'm back in!  Also hitting the gym with my sister-in-law this week to try some new things and motivate each other. Hope I still have the energy for Insanity - I'll keep you posted on that!

Now, since my blog is also documenting my husband's first time journey through Insanity, I'll also list his Fit Test results here.  He did very well, but said he had more problems with the moves involving the lower body.  He was also not in ideal condition for his upper body, since he hurt his arm yesterday and the muscles were still pretty sore. He has never been one to exercise really, but has a fairly physically demanding job.  At times he has lifted weights with me or on his own at home, but this is definitely the first time he's ever done a program this challenging.  His main concern going into Insanity was that he knew his heart was out of shape.  Sure enough, halfway through he had a really hard time catching his breath.  Our daughter came over and said, "If you do this next exercise, then you can rest!"  Love my little cheerleader.  After completing the Fit Test, he was pretty wiped.  I offered him a Recovery Drink, which after finishing he said felt like medicine for his muscles.  That's how I feel about the Recovery formula too.  I don't drink it every time, but those days where I feel like jelly or like I might not keep any food down if I were to eat just then, the Recovery Formula sets me right.

Jerry's Fit Test 1
Switch Kicks - 60
Power Jacks - 47
Power Knees - 70
Power Jumps - 27
Globe Jumps - 7
Suicide Jumps - 12
Push-up Jacks - 15
Low Plank Oblique -55


No comments:

Post a Comment