Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 8

Week 8 Tips

Final Week!  You should be so proud to have made it this far. Now it's time to really make it count and enjoy every workout on this last week of Insanity. It's also time to think about what you're going to do next.  While these last 2 months have been, well, INSANE, you don't want to go from working out 6 days a week with Shaun T to sitting on the couch watching TV, thinking, "Wow!  That was hard work!  I'm glad that's over!"  So whether you choose to do another round of Insanity or move on to another program, just make sure you keep your schedule and make exercise a part of your life. 

Day 57 
Max Interval Plyo
55 minutes
W:  527 calories

I really felt like I nailed this workout today.  It was one of the first in a while that I felt like I did everything without having to take a quick break because I was too short of breath. In fact, my heart rate didn't climb as high as it has on recent workouts, yet I was pushing just as hard.  Tells me I'm doing something right, and my body is adapting and prepared for everything Shaun T has to throw at me.

I was really feeling down the last couple weeks for various reasons, and I feel like I really wasn't as motivated.  In fact, if it weren't for this blog, I may have even been tempted to quit altogether and just move on to something else.  But I'm SO glad I stuck it out.  Here I am, my final week, and ready to finish strong! 

Day 58 
Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs
80 minutes
736 calories

We had a friend visiting, but I wasn't about to let that prevent me from doing my workout!  I must admit I was really feeling the length of the workout today.  Including a bit of a water break between the two workouts, it's an hour and a half of hard work!  Did my best to give it my all, even with onlookers :)

Day 59 
Max Interval Circuit
60 minutes
636 calories

Really felt like I nailed my workout today.  Still didn't do every last second, but did the best I could with every exercise.  It was probably one of my best Interval Circuits yet.

Day 60 
Core Cardio & Balance
37 minutes
351 calories

I haven't done this video since Recovery Week.  I've been doing the Deluxe version, which is Max Sports Training.  But I had spent the morning out with my kids, then came home and spent 4 hours painting my house, then scrubbed my front porch (on my hands and knees a la Cinderella).  I was truly very tired.  By the time I had an opportunity to do Insanity, it was 10:30pm, and my back and shoulders were aching from the day of work.  I honestly didn't want to spend an hour doing Sports Training, so I popped in Core Cardio & Balance instead.  It was exactly what I wanted.  I didn't have to restrict myself to taking it slow like I did during Recovery Week, so I tried to put my all into each exercise and speed it up a little faster than Shaun T.  The calorie count may be a bit lower than if I had done Sports Training, but I have no regrets.

Day 61 
Max Interval Plyo
48 minutes
444 calories

Discerning ones will notice that my workout length wasn't the same as the length of the video.  My workout was cut short today, interrupted in the middle of the second interval by the news that a family pet would not make it through the day.  We rushed over to say our tearful goodbyes.  Afterwards, I tried to finish the workout, but I just couldn't get back into it.  I did a couple exercises, then stretched and called it a day.  I'm a little disappointed that my second-to-last Insanity workout was not really all it should be, but in the end it's just a workout.  I'm not discontinuing my fitness journey after Insanity is over, so there's no sense in forcing something when circumstances do not merit it.

Day 62
Max Cardio Conditioning and Cardio Abs
80 minutes
771 calories

Last official workout!  Well, on the Insanity program, that is.  Gave it my all and proudly earned every calorie I burned.  I don't know if I'll ever get to the point where I can do a full Max workout, every second of every exercise without a break.  But it's fun to see yourself improve over the days, weeks, and in my case, months of Insanity.  After 120 days of Shaun T busting my butt, I must say I'm glad to move on to a different program.  It's been fun, but now I'm ready for someone else to bust my butt for a while!  Decided to try Les Mills Pump next, and I can't wait to start!

Day 63 
Fit Test

1 comment:

  1. you have done massive work when collecting this!! i loove your collection so much and love your blog as well<333 thank you for this ans keep going:) you're amazing:))<33
    training shoes for women

    ReplyDelete